FREEDOM OF INFORMATION
Freedom of Information Act Publication
Welcome to the Publication Scheme for Glastonbury Health Centre as required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
This Publication scheme is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by Glastonbury Health Centre. It is a description of the information about our NHS services that we make publicly available. It will be reviewed at regular intervals and we will monitor its effectiveness.
How much does it cost?
The publications are free unless otherwise indicated.
Where information is provided at cost, the charges will be as shown below.
How is the information made available?
The information can be printed from this website.
Your Rights to Information
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is designed to promote openness and accountability amongst all organisations that receive public money.
- From January 1st 2005 it will oblige GP practices to respond to requests about the NHS related information that it holds, and it will create a right of access to that information. These rights are subject to some exemptions that have to be taken into consideration before releasing information.
- In addition to accessing the information identified in the publication scheme, you are entitled to request information about our NHS services under the NHS Openness Code 1995 (see the NHS foi website page).
- New environmental information regulations was introduced early 2003. These will enable similar access to environmental information as under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you and you can contact any practice where your records are held to do this.
If you have any comments about the Operation of the Publication Scheme, or how we have dealt with your request for information from the scheme, please write to: Glastonbury Health Centre, 1 Wells Road, Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 9DD.
Classes of Information
All NHS information at Glastonbury Health Centre is held, retained and destroyed within NHS guidelines. Our commitment to publish information excludes any information that can be legitimately withheld under the exemptions set out in the NHS Openness Code or Freedom of Information Act 2000.
From 2005, individual Classes are subject to exemptions, the main reasons being the protection of commercial interests and personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998. This Scheme had been written in accordance with those exemptions. The information on this Scheme is grouped into the following categories:
1) Who we are:
Glastonbury Health Centre
Dr Nick Matthews - full time
Dr Jean-Xavier Meguer - full time
Dr Anna Jackson - full time
Mrs Camilla Aichroth
Location: Glastonbury Health Centre, 1 Wells Road, Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 9DD
Company Registration number - n/a
2) Our services
The Clinics/practices provide: NHS child health surveillance, cryosurgery, contraceptive services, maternity medical services, minor surgery services, obstetric services, sports medicine, orthopaedic medicine, diabetology, industrial medicine, and may specify other services such as speech therapy, dietician, baby clinic, midwife, District Nurse, psychiatrist, counsellor, parent craft, community paediatrician, audiology, health promotions clinics e.g. well man and well woman clinics, disease management clinics, immunisations, cervical cytology etc.
Refer also to the practice leaflet.
Appointments can be booked over the phone, or by dropping into the practice.
3) Financial and funding information
4) Regular publications and information for the public
A complete set of information about Glastonbury Health Centre can be found on this website and the 'touch Screen' Patient Information System situated in the Surgery waiting room.
Some information is also available in patient leaflets. These are freely available from our reception.
5) Our policies and procedures
- Appointments System
- Health & Safety
- Patients' Charter
6) This publication scheme
In this class we will publish any changes we make to this publication scheme, the criteria on which our information management policies are made and a referral point for all enquires regarding information management generally in practice. We will also publish any proposed changes or additions to publications already available.
Cost of Information
For the most part, we will only charge for hard copies, or copies onto media. Charges are as follows and will be reviewed regularly. Accessed from our website - free of charge
Single hard copies - free of charge
Multiple hard copies, or archived copies will attract a charge for photocopying, retrieval and postage. We will inform you of the cost of these charges that will have to be paid in advance.
Email will be free of charge. Please contact us for any further details.